Intersex Human Rights Australia Ltd is an independent, not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, first registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) on 6 May 2010.
Our name changed from Organisation Intersex International Australia at a Special General Meeting on 4 March 2018 and this change of name was approved by ASIC on 5 March 2018.
Our ACN (company number) is 143 506 594.
Our ABN (business number) is 73 143 506 594.
As a charitable organisation, we are also registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
On 7 February 2014, we received endorsement by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient and Public Benevolent Institution. This means that donations are tax deductible for donors. This status was backdated to 3 December 2012.
Annual Information Statements
These are available via the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC):
- Annual Information Statement, 2017
- Annual Information Statement, 2016
- Annual Information Statement, 2015
- Annual information Statement, 2014
- Annual Information Statement, 2013
Annual General Meetings
- Annual General Meeting, 2017, on 19 November 2017 via teleconference at 4pm (NSW/VIC), 3pm (QLD), 3.30pm (SA): agenda, accounts
- Annual General Meeting, 2016, on 11 December 2016 via teleconference at 7pm (NSW/VIC), 6pm (QLD), 6.30pm (SA): agenda, accounts
- Annual General Meeting, 2015, on 15 November 2015: agenda, draft accounts, proposals
- Annual General Meeting, 2014, on 9 November 2014: papers and summary
- Annual General Meeting, 2013, on 1 September 2013: summary of board changes
Special General Meetings
- A Special General Meeting was held on 4 March 2018 to change the name of the company from Organisation Intersex International Australia to Intersex Human Rights Australia. The name change was approved by members present and via proxy. The new name was added to our list of trading names at ACNC on the same day. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission approved our change of name on Monday 5 March 2018, and the name registered at ACNC was subsequently also updated. Read our media statement.
Board of directors
We are managed by a board of directors. Under our constitution, board members are appointed annually at Annual General Meetings. Directors may be coopted between those meetings, to serve until the next AGM.
We are affiliated with Organisation Internationale des Intersexués (OII), a decentralised network of intersex organisations. We are members of International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA) and the National LGBTI Health Alliance, Australia.
Other things you can do with IHRA: