ILGA Europe’s summer magazine talks about intersex equality
ILGA Europe has published its summer magazine, Destination Equality, and this issue focuses on intersex. It includes an article and other content by Morgan Carpenter. In this edition:
- Sophie Aujean, Senior Policy and Programmes Officer, explains how ILGA-Europe’s work on intersex issues has evolved, the importance of the three intersex forums in this context and what is on the agenda of ILGA-Europe in the coming years.
- Get familiar with the basic concepts regarding intersex.
- Morgan Carpenter, President of OII Australia, sums up why Australia is currently a champion in advancing the rights of intersex people.
- Nils Muižnieks, Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights, is explaining why the rights of intersex people should be put more firmly on the human rights agenda of national governments.
- Dr. Dan Christian Ghattas from OII Europe is presenting an overview of the advocacy work that has been carried out so far on a European level.
- Del LaGrace Volcano explains how art can be used as an intersex activism tool.
- The cover features Mauro Cabral, photographed by Del LaGrace Volcano.