Intersex Human Rights Australia (IHRA) is a national not-for-profit company by and for people with innate variations of sex characteristics. We were formerly known as OII Australia. We promote human rights, health and bodily autonomy. Our goals are to help create a society where intersex people are not stigmatised, and where our rights are recognised.
The Senior Projects Officer for IHRA will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and other staff to manage and coordinate the timely delivery of projects and other activities. This is a senior role which requires the successful applicant to demonstrate experience in writing and communication, public speaking, systematic advocacy, and community development. It also requires the successful applicant to be able to work within the human rights and health advocacy spaces, with well-developed interpersonal skills for working with community, engaging with broader community, allies, and policy makers.
Are you someone who is:
- Interested and motivated to work at the forefront of human rights and health advocacy work.
- Wanting to make a difference for a diverse and poorly understood population, improving the health and wellbeing of people with innate variations of sex characteristics.
- Able to work independently, efficiently, and efficaciously with minimal and mostly online supervision.
- Experienced in project management with demonstrable knowledge, skills and credentials in delivering projects and timely outcomes.
- Experienced communicator, with well-developed written and verbal skills.
- Looking for a challenge, self-motivated and an effective problem solver.
- Lived experience with an intersex variation will be well regarded, but not mandatory.
This vacancy is suitable for applicants in Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney or other locations. It is a part-time position, 0.6-0.7 FTE (22-26 hours per week), initially for one year. All our positions are fixed-term, with extension subject to funding renewal. The salary will be circa $80,000 per annum, pro rata ($48k-56k), plus superannuation.
Please read the position description. To make an application, please submit a cover letter and a resumé or curriculum vitae, in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cover letter should detail and demonstrate your relevant experience and knowledge in writing and communication, public speaking, systematic advocacy, and community development. It should also detail and demonstrate your understanding of intersex human rights and health advocacy.
5pm, Friday 7 October 2022.
This vacancy also appears at EthicalJobs.com.au